How To Make Pizza Dough
How To Make Pizza Dough – Ooni Pizza Dough Recipe
Looking to learn how to make pizza dough? It can be tough as there are so many different recipes, giving different results. This Ooni Pizza Dough recipe is not only easy to make, it’s incredibly tasty.
Learn How To Make Your Own Pizza Dough
One of my go to meals that I cook when having a movie night or having friends round for drinks is pizza. I love creating a selection of different pizzas and just taking a slice of each. There is also nothing better than experimenting with different toppings, some have worked amazing and to be honest some have been terrible.
When I first started making my own pizza I would get those pre-made pizza bases, they were okay but they just didn’t taste the same as you would get from somewhere like Dominos or a pizza restaurant. This was until I started to make my own pizza dough and believe me I have never gone back to the store bought again.
The problem I found when looking to learn how to make pizza dough, was all the different types of recipes available. Some used different types of flour, different amounts of yeast or the proofing time varied. Some of the pizzas were okay whereas others just didn’t taste of much.
I have been making the Ooni Pizza Dough recipe for a while now and I have been very happy with the pizzas made. When making these in a nice wood fired pizza oven, they were as good as you would get from a pizza restaurant.
The great thing is that the Ooni Pizza Dough recipe is very easy to follow and you don’t need to knead it for ages or let it proof for hours and hours.Print
Ooni Pizza Dough
Discover how to make the best pizza, with this easy to follow Pizza Dough Recipe by Ooni.
- Prep Time: 240 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Minute
- Total Time: 241 Minutes
- Yield: 4–5 Pizza Bases 1x
- 300ml Water
- 10g Salt
- 7g Active Dried Yeast
- 500g 00 Flour
Making The Dough
- Put 240ml of water into a bowl
- Heat 120ml of the water into a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Once done add this to the cold water, this will help to make sure it is the right temperature so that the yeast activates.
- Add the salt and yeast to the warm water and give it a whisk until the salt has dissolved.
- Place your flour into a bowl and then pour in the yeast mixture, with a wooden spoon stir this together until it starts to form the dough.
- Once it starts to form the dough, begin mixing by hand until it has combined into a large dough ball.
Kneading & Proofing
- Flour your worktop and then knead this pizza dough with both hands, you want to knead it for 10 minutes.
- Continue kneading this until it is both firm and stretchy
- Put the dough into a bowl and cover with cling film
- Keep the bowl in a warm place for 2 hours, the Pizza dough should double in size
- Once it has doubled in size, equally divide it into 4 equal pieces. Each one should weight around 240-250g
- Put each of these dough balls into separate bowls and again cover with cling film.
- These need to be left for another 60 minutes to allow it to double in size again.
Stretching The Dough
- Ooni recommends with the pizza dough recipe to always make sure the dough starts off as a rounded ball. This will make it much easier to get the rounded shape that you are looking for.
- Lightly flour your surface and place the dough ball down.
- Put some flour on your hands and then press the dough with your fingertips until it becomes a small flat disc
- You should then spread your fingers out from the centre and this will push the dough outwards.
- Take care to pick up the dough and pinch it around the edges, it should pull downwards and stretch into a circle as you rotate it.
- You should be able to see the light through it, once it has reached your desired size it is ready to put on your toppings.